When I started this blog, a year and a half and 250 posts ago, I was writing mostly for me. I had been a writer once, walking around with ink-stained fingers, beginning my days with pen and paper in hand, watching life go by and turning what I saw and felt into stories and poetry. And then I launched into the “working world” and let 8 years go by only exercising my skills when writing progress reports, newsletters, and summer camp brochures (but they were superbly well-written brochures, rest assured!)
So I started this blog to have a reason to write every day (or at least a few times a week.) I approached these pages when I felt like it, and posted whatever happened to be on my mind (or on my camera) at the time.
But then I started to get to know all of you. I am still awed, amazed and incredibly thankful for all of you who come here to read these words I put down. You are true blessings in my life and I find more and more that as I write, I think of you. “What would she like to hear about?” “I wonder if they know about this?”
And I wonder too, about those of you who drop in but never say a word. You are mysteries to me in that I know nothing about you, but I wonder about you too. I wonder what you like to read about, and what you come here looking for.
I am starting to become more intentional about this little blog of mine. And I have big dreams for the future, what I might like it to become.
But I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you.
And so, I am asking for your help. Would you be honest with me?
- What would you like to see on this blog?
- What do you wish I wrote more about?
- What do you wish I wrote less about?
- What kind of posts are your favourites?
- Any wild and crazy ideas for me for future posts? (or simple and mundane ideas, I’ll take those too!)
- If I did some kind of sew-along/quilt-along/cook-along/garden-along would you be interested in participating?
- Any wishes I can grant? (as in “I really wish there was a blog that talked about…” or “I wish there was a tutorial for…” or “I wish Andi would teach me how to….”) I won’t promise I can grant them, but I’d love to hear them!
I really and truly want to know what you think. And don’t feel you have to answer all of the questions, and if you have something else to say, feel free to add that too!
And just as a thank-you, anyone who comments on this post will be entered to win something handmade by me. I’m not sure what it is yet, but I promise it will be something nice (maybe something from the shop, or something custom-made just for you?) I’ll announce the winner April 2nd, but feel free to leave a comment here even after that date.
Thanks for your help!